Tips for Buying Land in the Philippines. Buying Land in the Philippines is not as easy as you think. One should look beyond the title of the land. There are a lot of things to consider. Many OFWs and foreigners lost their money because they became victims of fraud. Here are some guidelines to help you out:
Tips for Buying Land in the Philippines
- Foreigners/aliens can not own land in the Philippines. You can buy a condo but not land.
- The seller should be the person shouls be the owner as stated in the title.
- The technical description of the land in the title should be the same as those in the Deed of Sale and land plan as prepared by the geodetic engineer.
- Taxes should have been paid
- Check for squatters/ illegal settlers.
These are some of the guidelines to consider, so be diligent before buying a land in the Philippines. Need someone to help you buy property in the Philippines? Contact us.