Do when using public computers. Many use computer shops and many people forget some important reminders.
What to do when using public computers:
- Always log out from Fcaebook, emails, and other private accounts. – Do not leave the computer without doing it. Run the website again to make sure that you logged out from the internet.
- Always delete “history” and clear browsing data (including cookies, saved password, and cache) before logging out from the computer. In chrome browser, you can find this in “History”. Note that strangers might be able to see and log into your account if you do not do this.
- Always save the files you are doing every minute to avoid data loss. Save your files to your e-mail or attach it to your Facebook message and sent it to yourself.
- Always delete the files you stored in the computer especially if it is your assignment, research, or thesis. Do not give it to strangers.
- If you are playing online games, make sure that you DO NOT select “save username”. Do not save your username to any computers. Use the keyloggers if possible – the keypad displayed in the game when you log in. It is because there are softwares in computers that other people/hackers placed that can download what you typed on the keyboard.
- Do not download softwares or anything from the internet unless they are virus free. Use videograbby and not any other downloaders that you never heard about.
- Do not believe in “Make money” ads on the internet. Most of them are scams. Do not put your name and address either because you might become a victim of identity theft.
- Do not forget everything I said.