What can a student do to save money? Have you ever wondered What can a student do to save money? There are a lot of things to get you started. We should start saving while we are young and here are a few imporrtant things to get you started.
What can a student do to save money?
- Open a Bank Account – It may be so big for you but it is important. If you have a bank account you will be inspired to save money because you like to see it grow.
How will you open a bank account?
My number 1 advise is for you to open an account at BPI and open the “easy BPI savings account”. You only need P500 to open an account. Just go there and Bring your School ID and enrollment form (the one where your subjects are printed), 1×1 picture, electric bill, P500 – then sign up. You will now have your first bank account. Just deposit any amount every month – Coins or bills it is up to you.
In Baguio City, BPI is located everywhere. Just go inside and ask the representatives in the tables. Choose family Banks like the one in Malcolm square, they have higher interest rates.
2. Buy only if you need it – Teenagers love to buy things just because it is beautiful or cute. Before you buy anything, ask yourself first if you will really use it. Many people buy clothes even if they have dozens in their closets.
3. Do not Gamble or enter Bets – If you ever gambled before you should probably realized that you only lose your money. If you think that you will recover it, you are mistaken. You will never be able to recover what you lost and you will lose whatever you get. So, in the end you will have ZERO and NEGATIVES.
4. Look for FREE STUFF – For starters, if students want to study go to the Library. Many public Library offer free internet. Note: It is always “Stuff” never with “s” = there is no such thing as “stuffs”.
For Baguio Students, there is a free computer and internet use in Baguio Library (3rd floor) – just ask the guard or custodian about it. Make sure to sent your research work to your email because they do not have a printer. I used to go there daily for my research, it is near the Law books. I am not sure now but you can ask the guard or anyone there. Just bring your school ID. You can also encode there but remember to save it in your e-mail or facebook account and log out and delete your files. Some other person might steal your work and submit it as their own.
You can also use free wifi and use your phone to research.
5. Limit your Facebook and Social Media use
No one really cares about your life and most of your friends probably “unfollowed” you already. If you want to document your life, get a notebook and make a diary. You can also make a free blog where you can write in detail everything about your life (blogspot.com and wordpress.com) offers free blogging just register there. Or if you really love writing, you can create a Wattpad account and write a non-fiction journal about your life – you never know, it might turn into a masterpiece and you can earn money from it.