Learn something new is one of the great principles of minimalism. Learning a new thing whenever you have a chance is a great way to empowered yourself. Knowing a thing or two will help you with your life. Some minimalist suggest that you learn a new thing which is not necessarily related to your line of job. I recommended an app for you to start learning and I also used it myself.
Why Learn Something New
Why do we have to Learn Something New is the question that most of you will ask. Learning a new topic can help you save money or answer a problem that you are facing but you are not aware. By learning something new, your views in life will be greater and you will gain more wisdom.
What are the things that you can learn?
Now, you want to learn something new but do not know where to start. Here is my story that may help you out.
- Learn to Sew – I am interested in sewing and I want to learn how to make my own clothes. Some of you might want to start from learning how to sew. Many items in our house are made of cloth. Big savings can be gained from mending your clothes and other ripped cloths. It is also rewarding that you can make your own clothes based on your body size. You can also learn alterations so that all (or almost) clothes you want to buy can fit you. You can start by pattern making to dressmaking and tailoring. You can also just start by making pillow cases and bed sheets.
2. Learn to make Homemade Products – One of the best discovery that I learned is creating homemade products. You can create your own lotion, toothpaste, laundry soap, and more beauty products with cheap materials. I learned that the lotion that you put on your skin is absorbed by your blood steams. That is why making your own lotion is great because you know what items will go to your blood. A simple lotion bar is made with cocoa butter or shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oil. All you have to do is mix all the ingredients and you will have a great all natural lotion. Toothpaste can be made from activated charcoal or bentonite clay, sea salt, and baking soda, essential oils. Laundry soap, dish washing soap, and all purpose cleaner can be made from these common ingredients, Castille soap, borax, and washing soda. I thought that making your own is a lot more expensive than buying new things but I was wrong. If you buy the raw ingredients by bulk, you can make a year supply of these homemade products.
3. Learn how to make Plushie toys – I saw a lesson on plushie toys and I learned that making a simple soft toy is really easy. Plushie toys can be a great gift to anyone who loves cute things.
4. Learn DIY Crafts – There are so many DIY crafts out there, you can even sell these products if you dedicate yourself in making these.
5. Learn Photography – Many loves taking photographs. Learning how to take a great photo for free is something that you can add to your bucket list.
6. Learn to Cook – If you are like me who sucks at cooking, take your time to learn how to cook. You can start with simple recipes for beginners.
So, why don’t you start learning today. If you have any suggestion on what great things a person can learn, then add it to the comments below. Thanks!