How to Apply/ Renew your Passport this 2021 in Baguio City, Philippines
Passport renewal and application are still needed for this pandemic for ID purposes and future travel once the threat of the pandemic is over. Applying for a Passport or renewing your expired passport is easier this 2021 because there are few people who are lining up in DFA. This guide is based on my experience last June 2021 when I renewed my Passport in DFA Baguio City.
How to Apply or Renew your Passport this 2021
My sisters applied for their first passport and they only needed the following requirements:
- Birth Certificate
- 1 Valid Government ID (Please check DFA’s website for acceptable IDs)
- Appointment Form
STEP 1 Set an Appointment
- Go to DFA Appointment website to book an appointment with DFA. Make sure that you choose the DFA office near you and avoid booking an appointment outside your city/ region. If you are not currently residing in Baguio City, you need to comply with tourists requirements before entering the city.
- Pay the Passport Fee thru Dragon Pay.
- Once paid, you will receive an email from DFA containing the (1) Application Form and (2) E- Receipt. Print them in A4 size paper.
Step 2 Prepare for your Appointment Date
- Prepare your original PSA Birth Certificate, Valid ID, photocopy of your ID and Birth Certificate, Application Form, and E-Receipt.
- Keep them in a folder/envelope to avoid misplacing the files
Step 3 The Appointment Date
- Go the the DFA SM Baguio and approach the Security Guard. Tell them your appointment and allow him to check your documents. He will then tell you to wait in line and wait for your turn.
- Once inside the DFA office, the staff will check your documents to see if they are complete. Once complete, you will now proceed to biometrics.
- Once steps are complete, you will be given a claim stub to retrieve your Passport once released. The release date is stamped on the claim stub.
Step 4 Claiming your Passport
- Claim your Passport by presenting a valid ID and the claim stub. If you cannot go to DFA in person, you can authorize a relative to retrieve it for you. An Authorization letter is sufficient if you will authorize your parents, siblings, or children to retrieve your ID. A Special Power of Attorney is required if you will authorize a non-relative.
How to RENEW your PAssport this 2021
I renewed my Passport for the first time this 2021 and these are the steps on how I renewed it.
- Old Passport
- Valid ID
- Application Form
The Steps are the same with the application for a passport, except that you will choose renewal instead of the “new application”.
Step 1 Set an Appointment
- Make sure to locate your old Passport because you need to provide the Passport number and other details during your application.
2. Go to https://www.passport.gov.ph/DF/individual/site to book an appointment. Make sure to click the renewal option and provide the correct details of your old Passport.
3. Pay the Fees and wait for the confirmation email from DFA that contains the Application Form and E-Receipt.
Step 2 Go to DFA on your Appointment Date
4. Bring all requirements and photocopy your ID and Old passport.
5. Approach the DFA Security guard and allow him to check your documents. Once complete, he will tell you to sit down and wait.
6. You will be called inside the DFA and your documents will be checked by the DFA staff. If all documents are complete, you will now move to biometrics.
7. Wait for your claim stub and get your Passport on the release date.
How to Re-Schedule your Appointment
- In case you are unavailable during your scheduled date, you can reschedule the appointment without paying any fees.
You may reschedule your appointment provided that you reschedule it at least 3 days before the appointment date. The new date should not be more than 30 days from the originally scheduled date.
2. The Link to reschedule your appointment is located in the email sent to you by DFA. Or visit this link https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment/view
3. Enter your Appointment Code and the email address you used in your application.
4. Once verified, you will see a calendar and the available dates where you can reschedule your appointment.
5. A new Confirmation E-mail will be sent to you containing the Application Form and E-Receipt.
Leave a Reply