How to care for Female dog during heat cycle.
The reason why I posted this one is because I saw a lot of things in the internet about how to keep male dogs away during heat season of a female dog.
Dos and Donts
1. Do not use vicks vapor rub or any scents to your dogs. They do not work and you will only hurt your dog. In fact, it might damage the dog’s nose.
2. Use chlorophyll – This one is really effective in reducing the aggression of male dogs. I planted barley grass and let my female dog grazed it, I also give her more grass during her cycle. I acquired the barley seeds from DUPAY SEEDS.
The male dogs ignore her but I still have to cage her because she chases after male dogs. Compared last year, the dogs never camped around her and tried to destroy her cage. I am so relieved having barley grass for her.
How to grow Barley Seeds
1. Buy barley seeds, I buy from Dupay seeds, just search them in facebook.
2. Get any contained that you no longer use, old tupperwares or bowls. It does not have to be deep, a three inch deep container is enough.
3. Planting, I have 2 methods of planting: the ones in the internet and my easy method.
a. My Method
1. Put soil in your container, you can add compost or vermicast if you have any. Simple soil is enough. Put the seeds, it’s okay if they are close together. Cover with thin soil.
2. Water the container thoroughly and cover with plastic. Water everyday until it sprouts.
3. Once it reached at least three inches, it is ready fof your dogs. The dogs will graze it. You can also chop it to smaller pieces and mix with their food.
1. Put in container and put water. Wait for it sprout. When it sprouted, transfer to conainers.