Get Things Done: Breaking A Mountain Into Pebbles. I know that you have dreams and goals. Everybody has it, if you still have none, better start making a dream book. Napoleon Hill pointed out that the power of the mind is so powerful that it can transform you into something you want. To start aiming for the target, you have to identify where you are going. Clearly picture it into your mind.
Now that you have a goal, what are the steps that you can do to achieve it. Youheum of Heal Your Living pointed out that you can not achieve your ultimate goal instantly, not in few months or weeks. What you can do at this moment is ask yourself what you can do in this moment that will lead to your ultimate goal. What can I do now?
Leo Bautista of ZenHabits said that big tasks should be divided into smaller chunks. It is easier to achieve tasks easier if you divide it into small pieces and reward yourself once you reach these milestones.
Breaking down your goals into smaller pieces will help you achieve your bigger goals.
Get Things Done: Breaking A Mountain Into Pebbles
The following are simple steps on how you can break down your ultimate goal in life.
1. Start by listing down your goals. For example, “you want to earn one million pesos in your business“. I will start with “money” because it is easier to illustrate than abstract goals. My goal is to achieve a certain lifestyle and breaking it down is a little more difficult than numbers.
2. Write down the steps that will help you achieve it. What steps are needed for you to achieve it. For example, selling Php50 worth of product to 20,000 costumers. Or creating more sources of income. Now, how can you achieve that 20,000 costumers?
3. Divide that step into simpler tasks. Instead of getting 20,000 costumers in one week, start by aiming at selling to 3 customers per day. Now, what can you do to be able to sell to 3 costumers per day? You may advertise your product to social media or call friends to spread your business.
4. Once you have the step spend 15 minutes a day doing it. Call one friend a day and introduce your product and request him/her if she can recommend it to her/his other friends. Or write an add to your Facebook page or wall.
5. Increase your goals. Once you start getting 3 regular customers, increase your target number.
Divide bigger tasks into smaller tasks and you will not be disappointed in reaching that goal. A big mountain may overwhelm you but a single step will lead you closer to it.