Easy Homemade recipes for Toothpaste, Face Serum, Body Scrub. These are easy to prepare within a few minutes. Most of the items can be found in your house or can be purchased in online stores.
Easy Homemade recipes for Toothpaste, Face Serum, Body Scrub.
Why should you create your own homemade products?All products that you put in your skin will be absorbed by your skin and can go to your bloodstream. Ofcourse, it needs a lot of topical products before it can go to your bloodstream but daily use of some topical chemicals can be bad for you. Preservatives and other chemicals present in lotions may cause harm to your skin than good. If you are health conscious and wants to create things, these recipes will help you start.
We are used to our daily toothpaste and you might be surprised with this recipe. Toothpaste provides flouride to your teeth and cleans them. This tooth paste recipe will clean your teeth but will not provide flouride. You may eat flouride rich food or drink tea to provide the flouride you need. Calcium is also important in making sure that your bones and teeth are healthy. Vitamin C will keep your gums healthy. Calcium and Vitamin C are present in many sources of food such as taho, soya milk, and other soybean products, guava, oranges, and others.
You are probablyp excited already but let me say few more things. One key ingredients of toothpastes are polishers and commercial toothpastes use silica as polisher. Silica, however, is very abrasive and can damage teeth. For our home made recipe, we will use mild abrasives/polishers such as activated charcoal, bentonite clay, and baking soda.
- Bentonite Clay 4tsbp – polisher, alkaline, antibacterial
- Baking Soda 1/2 tsbp – polisher, alkaline
- Activated Charcoal 1tsbp (optional) – whitener, polisher
- Himalayan Salt )1/4 tsbp (optional) – for trace minerals
- Cold Pressed Coconut Oil 4 tsbp – coconut oil will noursh and moisturize your gums. It has antibacterial properties that will keep your mouth bacteria free for hours.
- Plastic or wooden spoon for stirring- metal will deactivate bentonte clay
- Container with cover
- Make sure that the Coconut Oil is melted.
- Combine all solid ingredients together in the container and mix them.
- Add the Coconut Oil and mix all ingredients until they are evenly distributed.
How to Use?
Use as regular toothpaste. It will be wierd at first because there is no bubbles but they are workin
If you want to keep it simple, an equal part of coconut oil and baking soda is already sufficient to keep your teeth clean and bacteria free.
I actually use this recipe for three years now. I researched these ingridients before I used them on myself. If you want to know more about homemade toothpastes, you may also search the internet for more information.
Your face needs oil that will moisturize and clean it. Creating a face serum is easy, all you need to do is acquire the ingredients and materials needed for the serum.
The following are the things that you need to acquire for the Face Serum:
- Clean Amber Bottle with Dropper 15ml
- Argan Oil Cold Pressed 7ml
- Jojoba Oil Cold Pressed 7ml
- Real essential Oil such as Lavender (3 drops)
- Virgin Coconut Oil or Cold Pressed Coconut oil 1ml
- Rosehip Oil 3 drops
- Berberry Oil 3 drops
- Essential oils, rosehip oil, and berberry oil should always be dissolved to carrier oils before using. Use 3-5 drops of essential oils for every 5 to 10 ml of carrier oil. Do the same thing with rosehip oil and berberry oil.
- Mix all carrier oils (argan, jojoba, coconut).
- Add the other oils in drops.
- Mix well.
How to Use
Apply to face before going to bed. Massage using a piece of cotton or your clean fingers.
You may use just one carrier oil if you are in a tight budget. Invest in argn oil because it is a great natural moisturizer.
This is probably the easiest to make. You can also use this as a facial scrub. It gently exfoliates the skin.
- Brown Sugar or Mascuvado 5 tbsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
Mix the two ingredients together until sugar iscompetly covered by honey. Use as a scrub.